So…. I had already cooked a stir fry today… a damn delicious one… but I needed to make more food – i didn’t have enough lunchboxes. I looked into the fridge and I saw courgettes.. Hrm… courgettes.. I wasn’t in the mood to make courgette stir fry…. they just….. aren’t that great…
So I huffed and puffed and hmmmed and haaed… and I created something… I don’t know what I created… but it was something delicious.
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 large courgette
- 2 eggs (I used 1 salted egg – but that’s not necessary, I just wanted to use it up
- 1 onion
- Some cheese…. whatever you have lying around.
- a handful of panko breadcrumbs
- salt & spices
- Drain chickpeas and chop in chopper
- Cut courgette into pieces and chop in chopper
- Ditto onions
- Mix everything in a large bowl.
- Mix in spices. I used cumin, paprika, garlic granules, and some mixed stuff.
- Line oven trays with paper. Use ice cream scoop or spoons to ladle out
- Bake at 200 degrees C for 40 minutes or until brown.
- Goes well with sweet chilli sauce or maggi’s chilli sauce. Also ketchup I think