- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 cup prawns
- 200g cavalo nero – slice into 1.5 inch pieces
- half packet tofu puffs
- 1 large egg
- 1 salted egg (substitute with normal egg and some salt if unavailable)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp corn starch in 1/2 bowl cold water
- Heat oil
- Fry Garlic
- Add prawns, fry.
- Add in cavalo nero, tofu puffs and 1 cup boiling water. Cover for 5-7 minutes
- Once cavalo nero has shriveled & prawns are cooked, check amount of water.. If not enough, add the second up of hot water.
- Beat egg with salted egg. Use fork or fingers to smash up the salted egg yolk.
- While flame on high, stir in corn starch emulsion to thicken.
- Once thicken, with flame still on high, stir in beaten eggs. Keep stirring to get egg drop effect
- Turn heat off. Taste & season with white pepper and soy sauce.
- Serve with good glug of rice wine, toasted sesame oil, and chinkiang black vinegar.